Get To Know Uzalo Actress, Baby Cele’s Biography AKA Gabisile
Baby Cele is a talented South African actress and sangoma, who currently plays the role of Gabisile on the popular SABC1 soapie Uzalo.
Name: Baby Cele Maloka
Date of birth: 22 March 1972
Place of birth: Umlazi, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Nationality: South African
Baby Cele began acting on Backstage as Katlego Rathebe, for about 8 years. This role made her her very popular. She then had a role on the SABC1 show My Perfect Family as Portia. In 2011 she landed a role in Shreads and Dreams and then in 2012 to 2013 she played the role of Silindile on Inkaba. Baby Cele has since appeared in numerous television productions and has aced all her roles.
Awards and Nominations
- Golden Horn Award for Best Supporting Actress (nomination)
- Vita Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a leading role (won)
- All Africa Film Award for Most Promising Newcomer Golden Horn
- Award for Best Actress in a TV Comedy (nomination)
- Award for Best Supporting Actress in a TV soap (nomination) Golden Horn
Who is Baby Cele’s husband?
The beautiful actress tied the knot for the third time in 2017 with Thabo Maloke. The couple however are in a long distance relationship, Baby relocated to Durban and her husband stayed behind in Johannesburg.